Not to worry. If you upgraded your Outlook package. It automatically imported your NK2 file.
For those of you moving to another computer with Microsoft Outlook 2010 already installed. The NK2 file can be imported manually. Here are the steps:
- Grab your NK2 file from your old computer. For Windows XP the path is: Drive:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook For Windows Vista and greater: Drive:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook Make sure you can see hidden files and folders.
- Make sure the name of your NK2 file is “Outlook”
- Copy your NK2 file to the same location as step 1.
- Open the Run windows. Windows XP: Start > Run , Windows Vista+: Start > Accessories > Run , Or Windows Key + R
- Type Outlook.exe /importnk2
- Click OK