In every network there will come a time when users will want to access their information from home. It’s up to you, the IT professional, to determine how to provide this access.
A browser based VPN over HTTPS can prove to be a great alternative to standard VPN software. Here are some of the advantages.
- Clientless. Can work from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Easy to setup. Works on Windows and Linux.
- Simple to train end users.
- Users only see what has been published to them.
- Active Directory Integration.
Interested? Check out OpenVPN-ALS formerly Adito a fork of SSL-Explorer purchased by Barracuda Networks. Lars Werner created a handy installer for windows. Found here: http://lars.werner.no/?page_id=162 More screenshots can be seen here: http://lars.werner.no/?page_id=153